JCS Manzanita Elementary Academy (K-5)
About the JCS Manzanita Elementary Academy (K-5)
JCS Manzanita Elementary is designed to meet the needs of the whole child in a positive and nurturing environment. Our elementary students attend academy classes Monday-Thursday, with Friday as a home study day. We believe a close connection between home and school is crucial to student success. Our teachers focus on innovative, researched based ways to educate students. Using a personalized learning approach, we build student confidence and encourage academic achievement.
Students receive instruction from highly-qualified credentialed teachers. Our teachers encourage students to become inquisitive, life-long learners working to reach their full potential. With only one class per grade level, teachers and staff make it their mission to come to know each child’s special talents, learning styles, strengths, and needs. Because of our small school environment, students and families have a true sense of community. We are dedicated to finding a better way for students to learn and thrive.
A Better Way to Learn and Thrive
- English / Language Arts
– Reading Workshop
– Writer’s Workshop
Zearn / Eureka
– Differentiation in multiple learning platforms
- Science and Social Studies
Lessons follow NGSS and CCSS approved
- Physical Education
PE classes once a week
Teacher and parent docent art lessons
- Sanford Harmony
Social-emotional and character development
- 21st Century Skills
Communication, critical thinking, collaboration, and creativity
- Fall Project: Living History Museum In this project, students learn more about a single historical figure. Culmination of the project includes, students dressing in character, creating a relevant backdrop, and presenting a short speech.
- Winter Project: Project Week Students pick from different areas of focus, including Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, Community Service, or Passion Project. Students then complete an in-depth project choosing one of many options from the project week website.
- Spring Project: Art Showcase For this project, students will explore a visual or performance artist of their choosing, learn about the artist’s style, and create an original piece of artwork inspired by the selected artist.
- Parents are an integral part of their students’ education. By providing support and guidance on home study days and during projects, parents have the opportunity to collaborate with teachers in the best interest of their student.
- Parents also serve as classroom volunteers, art docents, field-trip chaperones, PTO members, and assist with school activities and events.
- Manzanita Elementary families look forward to a variety of family events throughout the year including: PTO festivals, student work showcases, and fun family curriculum nights.
|Drop Off||8:30am – 9:00am||* breakfast 8:30am – 8:50am|
|K-1||10:10am – 10:30am||* snack first (bring only snack out)|
|2-3||10:10am – 10:30am||* snack first (bring only snack out)|
|4-5||10:10am – 10:30am||* snack first (bring only snack out)|
|K-1||12:00pm – 12:30pm||* eat first, play second|
|2-3||12:15pm – 12:45pm||* eat first, play second|
|4-5||12:30pm – 1:00pm||* eat first, play second|
|K-1||1:45pm – 2:00pm|
|2-3||2:00pm – 2:15pm|